Upstate Warrior Fellowship Program
The Upstate Warrior Solution’s Fellowship Program is a 6-month, service-oriented program for veterans. Fellows receive internal workforce development, soft skills development, professional mentorship, educational and professional development opportunities. Each fellow is assigned a fellow sponsor who provides guidance and monitors progress, attendance, and participation. Participants complete assigned responsibilities, such as assessments and tasks involving outreach, events, and speaking engagements.
The fellowship academy is designed to strengthen confidence and skills, leading to program graduation and a path to meaningful employment. While in the Fellowship Program, fellows receive a monthly living stipend intended to offset any costs associated with their service to the community.
Fellows will learn valuable skills in monthly workshops.
MONTHLY WORKSHOP TOPICS:
- Personality/Career Assessment
- Effective Communication
- Translating Your Military Service to a Civilian Resume
- Interview Preparation
- Team Dynamics and Navigating the Workforce
- Professional Networking
- Financial Planning
- Civic Responsibilities and Probate Law
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Fellows must have served in the United States Armed Forces.
- Fellows must submit to a criminal background and drug-screening test. (Criminal backgrounds do not automatically exclude applicants from service.)
- Prospective Fellows with questionable background will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Preference is given to prospective Fellows with a VA disability rating of 30% or higher.
- Fellows must be capable and willing to commit to a 6-month period of service.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to bridge the disparate cultures of the military and civilian spheres.
- Ability to recognize sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekend hours, with prior notice.
- Access to a vehicle, with the ability to work in the UWS office or as assigned.
- Greenville Outreach Fellow
- Anderson Outreach Fellow
- Pickens & Oconee Outreach Fellow
- Spartanburg Outreach Fellow
- Outdoor Recreation Fellow
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in continuing your service to your community through the Upstate Warrior Solution Fellowship Program.
The Fellowship Program application process is competitive and submission of this application does not guarantee an appointment. Please check our website and Facebook page for regular updates on Fellowship activities and openings.
Eligibility Requirements for Upstate Warrior Solution Fellows:
1. Fellows must have served in the United States Armed Forces and have been honorably discharged.
2.Fellows must submit to a criminal background and drug screening test. (Criminal backgrounds do not automatically exclude applicants from service. Prospective Fellows with questionable background will be evaluated on a case-by‐case basis.)
3. Fellows must be willing to commit to a 6-month period of service.
Before completing this application, please make sure you have these required documents, which must be attached:
1. One copy of your DD214
2. Your resume or CV
3. One letter of recommendation
4. Three references (one can be the same as the person who writes your letter of recommendation)