Warrior Outreach and Case Coordination
These services are diverse and are designed to improve the overall quality of life for warrior families. We accomplish this through proactive engagement and one-on-one case coordination for a variety of concerns related:
- Healthcare and Benefits Coordination
- Education and Employment Support
- Housing Support
- Quality of Life (recreational and social
- Family Support
A one-year service learning academy focused on the personal and professional development of disabled post 9/11 warriors who are seeking employment or another mission in life. The overarching goals are:
- To improve successful reintegration to the civilian workforce.
- To provide participants with the tools they need to excel in professional settings.
- To provide a structured and accountable learning environment, focused specifically on areas of opportunity that are often prevalent during transition.
- Educational planning and guidance Liaison between institutions of higher learning and Veterans Benefits Administration
- Employment search and resourcing.
- Build relationships with local employers to create veteran hiring channels.
- Partner with local organizations such as Goodwill Job Connections and SCWorks to connect veterans to available resources for resume building, interview skills and job readiness training.
- Match employers with veterans by translating and aligning experience to employer requirements.
- Educate the community to the needs of the warrior and the warrior to the needs of the community
- Cultivate partnerships that lead to local solutions and create collaborative working relationships
- Provide mentorship and volunteer opportunities that will inspire community involvement
- Serves as a liaison between DOD/VA/community healthcare resources
- Provides options for healthcare
- Non-medical treatment planning opinion resourcing