Housing and Quality of Life
These services are diverse and are designed to improve the overall quality of life for warrior families. We accomplish this through proactive engagement and one-on-one case coordination for a variety of concerns related:
- Healthcare and Benefits Coordination
- Education and Employment Support
- Housing Support
- Quality of Life (physical fitness, social
- Family Support
A one year service learning academy focused on the personal and professional development of disabled post 9/11 warriors who are seeking employment or another mission in life. The overarching goals are:
- To improve successful reintegration to the civilian workforce.
- To provide participants with the tools they need to excel in professional settings.
- To provide a structured and accountable learning environment, focused specifically on areas of opportunity that are often prevalent during transition.
- Educational planning and guidance Liaison between institutions of higher learning and Veterans Benefits Administration
- Employment search and resourcing
- Build relationships with local employers to create veteran hiring channels
- Partner with local organizations such as Goodwill Job Connections and SCWorks to connect veterans to available resources for resume building, interview skills and job readiness training
- Match employers with veterans by translating and aligning experience to employer requirements
- Upstate SC Technical Schools
- Upstate SC Four year schools
- SC Dept of Labor
- SC Department of Employment and Workforce
- Upstate Chambers of Commerce
- Goodwill Job Connections www.goodwillsc.org
- Human Technologies Inc. www.htijobs.com
- Securitas Security Services www.securitasjobs.com
- Phillips Staffing www.phillipsstaffing.com
A six month service learning academy focused on the personal and professional development of disabled post 9/11 warriors who are seeking employment or another mission in life. The overarching goals are:
- Educate the community to the needs of the warrior and the warrior to the needs of the community.
- Cultivate partnerships that lead to local solutions and create collaborative working relationships.
- Provide mentorship and volunteer opportunities that will inspire community involvement.
- Serves as a liaison between DOD/VA/community healthcare resources
- Provides options for healthcare/2nd
- Non-medical treatment planning opinion resourcing
The Family Support Program was established in August 2014 by the wives of Upstate Warrior Solution (UWS). Its purpose is to build relationships within the local community of veterans and provide a support system for the families.
Often veteran wives feel overlooked as they care for and support their veteran. This program is specifically designed to provide, not only, special events for women/families to enjoy, but also to connect women in the local community and offer a support network.
While this program is very new, UWS has already two events for the coordinated veteran’s wives. These events included a painting and wine class downtown Greenville and, most recently, wreath making event provided by ladies of The Cliffs community. The ladies of The Cliffs community did an outstanding job of making the veteran’s wives feel special and supported.
Another great event was the Clemson Military Appreciation Game. This was a free event to all UWS staff, volunteers, and clients. All veterans were asked to stand during half time to be acknowledge and honor their service. Each event was well attended and had a positive effect on all those involved.