Greenville County Fellow Position Description
The Upstate Warrior Solution (UWS) Fellowship Program is a 9-month program for veterans. Fellows receive internal workforce development, soft skills development, professional mentorship, educational and professional development opportunities. Each fellow will be assigned a fellow sponsor who will provide guidance and monitor progress, attendance, and participation closely. Participants complete assigned responsibilities, such as assessments and tasks involving outreach, events, and speaking engagements.
This is meant to strengthen confidence and skills, leading to program graduation and a path to meaningful employment. While in the Fellowship Program, Fellows receive a monthly living stipend intended to offset any costs associated with their service to the community.
- Represent UWS while in partnership with veteran-based organizations, and events in order to
- identify and support warriors in the Upstate and to educate and inspire members of our community to embrace those transitioning warriors.
- Attend all Fellowship Program workshops and speaking engagements.
- Meet with mentors (BOD, Professional and Emotional) during fellowship.
- Meet Monthly with Fellow Sponsor and the Fellowship Program Manager to complete a monthly evaluation.
- Participate actively in workforce development (25-hour req).
- Participate in professional development “Shadowing Program”.
- Provide a weekly presence at known veteran locations (i.e. VA Clinic).
- Establish and maintain contact with liaisons at colleges and universities.
- Participate in professional and technical skills development.
- Attend and participate in community activities, i.e. Rotary Club, UVAN, and UVBN.
- Plan, prepare, and execute speaking engagements as needed.
- Provide support and attend UWS/veteran outdoor activities and initiatives.
- Aid in the setup and coordination of fundraising events.
- Partner with other not-for-profit organizations/churches to reach upstate warriors.
- Build new relationships with potential business partners and become a force multiplier in community engagements.
- Fulfill any obligation or directive that is explicitly outlined by the Senior Fellow/Outreach Coordinator.
- Fellows must live in county, Greenville County.
- Fellows must have served in the United States Armed Forces and honorably discharged.
- Fellows must submit to a criminal background and drug-screening test. (Criminal backgrounds do not automatically exclude applicants from service.)
- Prospective Fellows with questionable background will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Preference is given to prospective Fellows with a VA disability rating of 30% or higher.
- Fellows must be capable and willing to commit to a 9-month period of service and a minimum required 100 hours per month.
Instructions to Apply:
- Download the Upstate Warrior Solution Fellowship Program Application
- Complete Application
- Complete the essay questions on a separate document
- Email both your completed application and separate essay question response document and to email@example.com. ** Subject of your email must include “Fellowship Application” and include the County for which you are applying.