Habitat for Humanity Fellow Position Description
The Upstate Warrior Solution (UWS) Fellowship Program is a nine-month program for veterans. Fellows will receive internal workforce development, soft skills development, professional mentorship, and educational and professional development opportunities. Each fellow will be assigned a fellow owner who will provide guidance, and monitor progress, attendance, and participation closely.
The Habitat for Humanity Fellow will understand how this organization partners with people in the community and all over the world to help build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat for Humanity Greenville County is a leading voice in addressing the pressing need for affordable housing options in Greenville County, partnering with local government and the private sector to offer viable solutions and advocate for impactful public policy. As part of its financial management program, the organization educates, informs, and empowers participants to effectively manage their credit and secure low-interest mortgages, allowing them to purchase their own homes and help contribute positively to the community and the tax base of Greenville County.
- Become familiar with Habitat for Humanity’s core departments through active involvement in each area: Development, Construction, Family Services, ReStore, Volunteer, and Finance.
- Participate actively in workforce development (25-hour req).
- Meet Monthly with Fellow Sponsor and the Fellowship Program Manager to complete a monthly evaluation.
- Fulfill any obligations or directives that are outlined by the Habitat Fellow Owner.
- Attend all Fellowship Program workshops.
- Meet with mentors (BOD, Professional, and Emotional) during fellowship.
- Participate in professional development “Shadowing Program”.
- Participate in professional and technical skills development.
- Fellows must live in County, Greenville County.
- Fellows must have served in the United States Armed Forces and honorably discharged.
- Fellows must submit to a criminal background and drug-screening test. (Criminal backgrounds do not automatically exclude applicants from service.)
- Prospective Fellows with questionable background will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Fellows must be capable and willing to commit to a 9-month period of service, a minimum required 100 hours per month.
Instructions to Apply:
- Download the Upstate Warrior Solution Fellowship Program Application
- Complete Application
- Complete the essay questions on a separate document
- Email both your completed application and separate essay question response document and to email@example.com. ** Subject of your email must include “Fellowship Application” and include the County for which you are applying.