PRISMA Fellow Position Description
The Upstate Warrior Solution (UWS) Fellowship Program is a 9-month, service-oriented program for veterans and their spouses. Fellows receive internal workforce development, soft skills development, professional mentorship, educational and professional development opportunities. Each fellow will be assigned a fellow sponsor who will provide guidance and monitor progress, attendance, and participation closely.
The Prisma Fellow will have overall responsibility working with Prisma Health’s Military and Government Liaison Office and partner closely with the UWS team. Reporting to Prisma Health’s Military and Government Liaison Office, the Prisma Fellow will work on project implementation in a collaborative environment with UWS.
- Carry out task for the Prisma Health Veteran Initiative.
- Maintain relationships within the healthcare community partners inside and outside of Prisma.
- Complete Warrior records in the data management program to include inputting data and uploading of eligibility documents, assessment forms, referral logs, surveys, and other records as required.
- Constantly assess the effectiveness of the program and use real-time feedback for process improvement.
- Identify and maintain key metrics to assess the effectiveness of the project efforts.
- Ensure SOP’s, process flow charts, policies, and procedures are in place and adhered to and in compliance with Prisma’s legal and compliance department.
- Understand the UWS environment, culture, and services provided in order to refer veterans from Prisma to UWS.
- Attend the Fellowship Academy workshops, mentoring, or other required events of the Fellowship Academy.
Eligibility Requirement: Fellows must live in Greenville County.
- High School degree required.
- Strong sense of personal and community accountability.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple cases and priorities.
- Has ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Has ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Has ability to listen, understand, emphasize, clarify and give constructive feedback.
- Have a veteran status or experience working with veterans and/or family members a plus.
- Has problem solving and group work skills.
- Has ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Has ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has sound computer skills including the ability to use a keyboard with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Has access to a vehicle.
- Has ability to recognize sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Has ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and some weekend hours.
- Has ability to handle adversity in an objective manner.
- Has willingness and ability to perform administrative tasks as necessary
Instructions to Apply:
- Download the Upstate Warrior Solution Fellowship Program Application
- Complete Application
- Complete the essay questions on a separate document
- Email both your completed application and separate essay question response document and to firstname.lastname@example.org. ** Subject of your email must include “Fellowship Application” and include the County for which you are applying.