Give local. Give now.
During the current health crisis, our warrior community needs your help more than ever. Upstate Warrior Solution has their back. Will you join us?
Be a Part of the Solution
At the core of our work is a belief in the power of community-based solutions for veterans and their families. You can play a crucial role in helping warriors reintegrate into our community and start their next chapter here in the Upstate.
When members of the community partner with us through a monetary or in-kind donation, warriors and their families receive the critical support they need to thrive in our community. In turn, the community benefits from our warriors’ wealth of skills and knowledge.
There are many ways you can partner with us and impact our mission:
Sponsor an Event
By sponsoring one of our annual events, such as our Warrior Classic and Memorial Day Golf Tournament at the Cliffs, you can support our work for the warrior community. For our corporate and local business sponsors, our events give you marketing opportunities and increased exposure to the range of talent within the warrior workforce.
Your in-kind gifts help us increase our capacity to serve our warrior community. These gifts can provide warriors and their families in critical need with basic necessities, such as gas and food cards in $20 to $25 increments. In-kind gifts can also support our events and daily operations. These items include drinks, snacks, substantial food items, computers, keyboards, software programs, office furniture, office supplies, and office or event space. Tax-deductible donation letters are provided for the fair market value of all in-kind donations.
Setting up a donation plan in a monthly, yearly, or planned giving capacity enables us to expand our services to reach more of the 100,000 veterans living in the Upstate. See all donation options below to find the best planned giving option for you.
- Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds: Donating stock allows you to take a tax deduction for the full fair market value of your contribution. Contact Sandra Drake to receive our DTC and account numbers: email@example.com.
- IRA Distribution: By contributing your required minimum distribution to UWS, you can reduce your taxes while helping a worthy cause. Your IRA custodian can transfer your distribution directly to UWS.
- Bequest: This is the simplest form of planned giving and can make an enormous impact on UWS. By naming us in your will, you will not affect your current cash flow or assets. Your attorney can help you make UWS a beneficiary.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: This form of giving allows you to receive income from the trust for a set term or for life and donate the remaining trust assets at the end of the trust term. An attorney can create a trust.
- Life Insurance: You can make UWS the beneficiary of your existing life insurance policy by listing us in the beneficiary section.
All gifts to UWS are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Possible benefits may include: reducing estate taxes, creating tax advantage income, and the ability to designate how your gift will be used at UWS. Contact our development team below with any questions. Thank you for your generous support!
You can also support our work through our Amazon Smile account. When you use this link to shop, 0.5% of every eligible purchase will help us continue to offer supportive services to local warriors and their families. It’s the same Amazon you love, but with the benefit of supporting causes you care about!