Upstate Warrior Solution recognizes the veteran or first responder is not the only family member who may be impacted by the time spent in service, the readjustment period after service, or the often unexpected challenges. Our Family Services Program seeks to build a support system for veteran and first responders’ families. This program is focused on providing special events that allow spouses to connect with other veteran and first responder spouses and families.
If your spouse or family member is currently serving or has served in law enforcement or the United States Armed Forces, regardless of military branch, nature of discharge, or current life situation, we would love to connect with you, whether you have a specific need or would like to participate in one of our recreational events!
- Hiking Events:
- Higher Ground Hikers & Shutter Release: A hiking and photography program designed to give spouses and caregivers the opportunity to connect with each other and step out of their normal routines once a month, while they get out in nature at various locations across the Upstate of South Carolina.
- Sole Sisters: A 6-month training in preparation to hike and camp a small portion of the Appalachian Trail.
- Bravo Explorers Family Hikes: Monthly hiking events for veteran families.
- Monthly Family Events: These events offer veteran families the opportunity to connect over the arts and recreation.
- Family Lake Day
- Operation Christmas Blessings
Cornerstone Heroes Programs
This three-part program is dedicated to spouses and caregivers of warriors and first responders who may feel overlooked or who may be dealing with everyday struggles. This series is intended to be completed in the following order:
- Cornerstone Heroes: BECOMING | This program offers participants the tools they need to find and develop their inner strength with the goal of creating the future they desire with empowerment, development, and growth through BECOMING. This program is designed to meet the participants where they are. BECOMING will focus on a holistic approach to developing body, mind, soul, and role. BECOMING is an interactive program. Participants will meet on the fourth Saturday of each month. This program is facilitated by a U.S. Army veteran and veteran spouse.
- Cornerstone Heroes: MOMENTUM | This program offers participants diverse topic education, certification courses (such as Mental Health First Aid), and guest speakers.
- Cornerstone Heroes: VITALITY | This program offers spouses and caregivers of warriors and first responders the opportunity to become a Family Services Mentor to future participants of BECOMING and MOMENTUM. Mentors are invited to lead by facilitating their own programs or events.
“Thanks to the support of Cornerstone Heroes: BECOMING, I have hope! I will turn my pain into power! I am very thankful for Cornerstone Heroes: BECOMING. The Group is exactly what I need to move forward. I will be forever grateful.” – Rebecca, veteran spouse