Free Family Group at The Phoenix Center
The Phoenix Center of Greenville just started their free family group!
The Phoenix Center’s free family group was created to help support parents, spouses, and significant others who may have a friend or family member struggling with substance use disorder. It is open to the public and anyone can attend, whether your loved one attends the Phoenix Center or not. Common topics explored in family groups include the following:
– Alcohol/Drug Education
– Consultation on treatment options (outpatient and inpatient options)
– Phoenix Center Program Education: Inpatient Detox, Inpatient for Women/Children, Inpatient Treatment for Teens, and Outpatient Counseling for Adults and Adolescents
– Positive communication
– Family Impact of Addiction: Relationships, Communication, Finances, Trust, Enabling, Fears, Stress/Anxiety
– MAT: Medication Assisted Treatment Options: (For Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorders)
– Narcan: How it works to help reverse an opioid overdose and how to get it through the Phoenix Center
The Family Group is led by a licensed marriage and family therapist and certified/licensed addictions counselor with many years of experience counseling individuals and families with substance use disorder. There is no appointment needed and a person or family can attend as little or as often as needed to gain support, perspective, education, and options to assist them as a family unit, as they seek to provide support and assistance to their loved one.