Partner Spotlight: NAMI Greenville
Congratulations to a great Upstate community partner, NAMI Greenville, and their Executive Director Ken Dority! NAMI Greenville, an affiliate of the national organization, received the ‘Outstanding NAMI Affiliate Award’ for their work to promote mental health education, support, and community awareness. This is a top honor, given to the top NAMI affiliate of more than 500 affiliates around the country. Additionally, Dority received the ‘Vicki Cottrell Executive Director Leadership Award’ for his outstanding leadership and dedication to our Upstate community.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) “is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.”
Currently, NAMI Greenville offers a Veterans-Only Connection Support Group and NAMI Homefront, both specific to warriors and their families.
- Veterans-Only Connection Support Group:
- The Veterans-Only Connection Support Group is a peer-led weekly recovery group for veterans living with mental illness in which they can learn from one another’s experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding.
- When: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, 9:30-11 a.m.
- Where: Greenville VA Clinic off Park Creek Dr.
- Learn more here: https://www.namigreenvillesc.org/support-programs/support-groups/
- NAMI Homefront:
- NAMI Homefront is being offered virtually through NAMI’s national branch. NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers, and friends of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions.
- Learn more here: https://www.nami.org/Support-Education/Mental-Health-Education/NAMI-Homefront
“NAMI Greenville has served the Greenville community for over 40 years. We are looking forward to becoming a better partner with Upstate warriors and their families, providing important mental health education and support.” – Ken Dority, NAMI Greenville Executive Director
We are grateful to have worked with NAMI in the past and we look forward to continuing to grow our partnership with them to ensure mental health education and support for warriors and their families!
To learn more about NAMI Greenville, visit their website at https://www.namigreenvillesc.org/.